The Old Capitol Grill is located in one of Colorado's most historic buildings. Built by W.A.H. Loveland, it was the first capitol building of the Colorado territory. The great brick building housed its first legislature sessions from 1866-1867.
Colorado School of Mines also held some of its first sessions in the building, with Loveland as one of its first trustees.